Never Was a Cornflake Grrrl...
Tori, sweet Tori. I'm listening to her first album right now.
It's noon and I've taken a half day from work to go get some vaccinations at the MSU travel clinic. It was a really nice trip up to East Lansing. The weather was perfect--by Tanya standards-- this morning. A bit brisk and chilly, but very sunny. It was like a nice fall day, but in July. After my pretty badly bungled appointment (I can't even talk about it...I'll fly into a Hulk-like rage) I sat at the Bruegger's Cafe, the first place I ever made a pass at John, and had a rosemary olive oil bagel with sundried tomato paste and hummus with a medium coffee. It was like college all over again, except this time, I was in my square work clothes instead of my old college uniform of "jeans- and-band-t-shirt." Sigh. It was a very nostalgic moment, seeing all of the beatiful old buildings, gorgeous landscaping, and the hippies playin' hackey sack outside the drug store. Memories.
Last night I had a great time at BW3 with my Cascade Engineering comrades. We were there for a goodbye party for another coworker who is leaving the company. It was quite a large group, and we drank, danced, and were generally merry. Did I mention that there was karaoke? My "getting to bed early" plan was thus doomed. All I have to say is "just like a prayer, no choice your voice can take me there..."
I'm looking forward to a nice weekend with my family and some old school friends. My sister is coming home for the first time in months after she takes the DAT Saturday. Wish her luck (spalit@umich.edu)! My good buddy Rick (aka "The Rza") is rollin' into Van Rapids for a wedding and we are hanging out tonight, I think. Weekends: chocolate chip cookies have met their match. I love you weekends!
Well I'm off to work. Interviewing someone for my position today. Perhaps it will be a trained monkey, in which case I'm 100% certain he or she will be able to outperform me in my administrative duties, seeing as how I am a complete Bozo. Hmm...maybe the candidate's name will be Bozo, you never know. Maybe Mittens, or Shamu. Wait, that's a whale.
Ok, must run.


1 Comments:
Hey, Tanya!! So sorry for all those pointless vaccinations being imposed on you. I'm not a big fan of a medicine that has never been proven to be effective (and in fact causes more harm than good), yet is still enforced on the public. Silly doctors...
Vaccination Myths is a good place to start, but there is plenty of info all over the place...
You signed my blog; the one with the Laffy Taffy Living Room photo! hee hee... SugarHiccup-Hiccup {{in case you forgot me?}}
Per your question in my blog: I do love HNIA and I am nearly a complete Vegan, but no, they are unrelated...
I hope you have a great day, miss Tanya!
Troy aka CocteauBoy
Post a Comment
<< Home