You're a liberal weiner
If you haven't seen the election parody cartoon on the web entitled "This Land," then you should be ashamed of yourself. You must checketh it out. Its incredibly witty, and a welcome relief from the venemous tit-for-tat political rhetoric of this election year. It pokes fun at both candidates. The site is http://www.dissonant.org/~pjammer/movies/mirror.html.
It's been another quiet week at work, though there is a ton of work to do before I leave my job on August 27th. I'll be really sad to leave Cascade. It was such a great work experience, and I met some terrific people and trying challenges. It also made me come to the realization that I really like working, and if I could work for a few years before tackling graduate school, I'd be the better for it, especially if it were a job in my field. With my year of experience at Cascade, I've gotten valuable lessons in the business world, the non-profit world, administrative and project coordination, and general professionalism. Whoa, is this a blog or a resume? Sorry about that. But...in case you know of any international development organizations looking for a project coordinator, hook me up.
In other news, I talked to John in China late last night. He's sicker than a dog for the third or fourth time in a month. He said he was pretty miserable there, and I can sense his apprehension at spending an entire year inthe People's Republic. The poor kid. I hope that his experience in the more remote region of Harbin will be different than his hectic Beijing summer.
Tomorrow is the offering/funerary service for my grandmother in appropriately named Ganges, Michigan. I am hoping it will be a time for all of us to remember my grandparents, honor their legacy, and feel reassured that their spirits are in a higher place.
Well, that's today in a nutshell. Hey, look, today's in a nut shell! What kind of a...nut has a...shell like...okay I'm a dork.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home