Saturday, April 23, 2005

Party Animal

Last night I went to a party at my friend Arif's house. It was a very laid back affair. Excellent snacks (not very veggie friendly though), not enough drinks but drinks nonetheless. His new roomate from California baked "special" brownies for us to give us a taste of West Coast love. Oops. I thought they were just plain chocolate and ate two. Luckily, the special ingredient wasn't too concentrated, and I just ended up giggling at everything anyone said for three hours.

I had a jam session with this guy for almost two hours last night, and it was really awesome. I've forgotton how much I miss "rockin' out." Seriously, in the States I always take some time to listen to some music at ear-drum shattering volumes, usually in my car, and sing/dance along. It's a nice release. It's even more fun to make your own music. I've been practicing my roomate's guitar, and I must say I'm getting better at it. Most pop songs that I've learned have basically the same chord progression. I can finally understand how people teach themselves guitar. Once you know one song, you can play ten more. Did an acoustic version of "Son of a Preacher Man" last night. It was awesome.

I'm having a big birthday party next Thursday. We've invited all our friends to come sit on our rooftop and enjoy some live music, snacks, and cocktails. Some of my friends are singing classical and pop Bengali songs, I'll pitch in some English tunes. Should be fun. Wow, did I come to Bangladesh to do research or party? Lately I feel more like a frat boy than a Fulbrighter.

That's all for now. Off to edit a brochure for the BRAC Social Development Program.

TKP

1 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW,is it like State all over again? Sounds like you are having a good time. I just looked at my calendar this week and wanted to wish you a very happy birthday! Have fun! Feliz Cumpleanos-Minders

 

Post a Comment

<< Home