Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Picture Palooza!

Salaam Alekum and howareya?

I just posted a bunch of pictures to show you what I've been up to lately. I feel that (and you can quote me on this) a picture is worth a thousands words. Anyway, I've been frantically wrapping up all of my projects and starting a few new ones. I am still doing interviews in the villages, running around Old Dhaka talking to rickshaw painters, teaching English, and lately I've been giving one-time use cameras to people to "tell their life stories" through their own pictures. It's been fun, and I'm starting to feel seriously bummed that I have sell my lovely little bamboo bed and leave the country soon. Anyway, I'm off to the eastern district of Jessore from Saturday until next Thursday, so no posts for a while. I've decided to make it up to you by providing you the pictoral jackpot below. I'll take plenty of village pictures and post whence I return. Enjoy.

TKP

5 Comments:

At 4:46 AM, Blogger Meg Daniel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger Meg Daniel said...

Okay, so I'm a total loser and have just now caught up with your new blog and all the postings you have put up! Tan, I miss you SOOOOOOO much!! Your pictures are amazing, your writing has turned into that of a professional's and you simply make me so proud of all that you have accomplished during your time overseas. I talk about you ALL the time to my students, friends, and even random strangers and brag about my amazing friend how is a Fulbright Scholar studying in Dhaka. I wish you the best of luck next week as you travel into the field again and I will keep you in my thoughts as you continue to write an amazing history for yourself.

Much love,
M-roo

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger Meg Daniel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger Rings said...

oh wow!! u r doing exactly what i have been dreaming of. Its my really loooooong time dream!

though i can never.......[sigh]

*anyways, glad that at least u r doing it. i am happy. :)

keep it up!!

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya,
I stumbled across your blog and figured you were the best person to speak to since youre a female, my age and in Dhaka now -
You dont know me - Im an egyptian female who is supposed to be coming to Dhaka in a week for a month-long arts residency with the Britto Arts Trust. I was all ready to come and super excited but i keep getting anxiety attacks imagining myself either suffocating in the heat, sweating to death during the monsoon or being sucked dry by mosquitos.
What do you think? Should i do it? Should i come or would you recommend i wait for a more welcoming month? Ahh, i dont want to chicken out of coming because im sure it will be a fantastic experience but for some reason im super intimidated by handling a place so foreign at a time when the weather is already a load to deal with. (Although Egypt is similar in religous customs, heat, over population and poverty so it shouldnt be too shockingly different but im still quite wary)
I know this is overly dramatic but i feel i wont be able to think or move much with the rains and the heat and so on and on.. am i being too dramatic - can it be a wonderful learning experience with fruit for creativity in June?
Please help!Id greatly appreciate your thoughts.
You can email me on malak.helmy@gmail.com
PS i really enjoyed reading your blogs, theyve been more informative than anything else ive found so far.. besides fun and entertaining - youre a good writer.
All the best,
Malak

 

Post a Comment

<< Home