Friday, June 17, 2005

One Month and Nervously Counting

Misty water colored memories...

See a bunch of them below. I have a load of new pictures from India and Bangladesh thanks to my buddy Keisuke. I've had some good times (and bad stomach bacteria) over the last nine months.

What have I been up to, you ask? I have a tre cool new roomate who I've been spending a lot of time with. She's a public health student at Emory, and an expert cockroach assassin. We (read: she) killed the BIGGEST COCKROACH I HAVE EVER SEEN in our apartment yesterday. It was some kind of mutant species, two and half inches long with wings and a head the size of a small gumball. I can't believe how these "animal kindgom" encounters rarely phase me anymore.

The monsoon officially started this week. I had to wade out into the river-like street to get a cab home from the Nari Jibon office on Tuesday after English class. It reminded me of the great Ford Focus flood of '04.

In other news, I already have grad school homework. Three books and a literature review of possible thesis research topics before classes start in August. I suspect that my keg-pumpin' college days are over and academic boot camp is about to begin. As Wrestling Superstar "The Rock" might say at this juncture, "Bring it."

I am off to have dinner with the intern blok at our favorite Japanese joint.
Have a good weekend, and don't hesitate to buy me a pricey "welcome home" gift.

TKP

1 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! We were just speaking of the Ford Focus. It rained so hard over here yesterday. The new Communications Lab was flooded!

Minders

 

Post a Comment

<< Home