Today I registered for classes, which was fun. I finally get to have an education specific to my interests. No more "Rocks for Jocks" (Geology 101) requirements to fill!
Here it is:
Monday: 2:50-5:50pm "International Feminist Thinking" With my IDOL, Dr. Cynthia Enloe (I read a book of hers in high school and again in college and it changed my life--it's called 'Bananas, Beaches, and Bases: Making Feminist Sense of International Politics).
Tuesday: 9:00-11:50am Development Theory; 6:00-9:00pm Economic Fundamentals for Development
Wednesday: 9:50-11:50 Beyond Victims and Guardian Angels: Third World Women, Gender, and Development
Thursday: Nothing (probably office hours for my undergrads)
Friday: Nothing (frequent trips to Boston, I imagine...oh, and reading)
I'm excited to start classes tomorrow. I had a long T.A. training last night, which was useful. I may actually be teaching some sections (which I pretended to be nervous about, but am secretly hoping for...I LOVE teaching) instead of just grading papers and passing out handouts. Also, I went to Boston Monday night to meet my friend Preeti and some of her new friends for a writer's group. Everyone writes short pieces and the group critiques them. It sounds more like a bad dream than fun, especially given several of the people there were Harvard grads. It was fun nonetheless, and I learned a lot (and read some GREAT writing). I'm going to try to go regularly if I can.
Anyway, I must run and get some administrative stuff done before classes tomorrow. Enjoy the pictures below...
TKP


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home