A Series of Unfortunate Events
Remember how I said that last week was the week from Hell? I spoke too soon.
This week has been pretty much the worst. I feel like such a complainer of late, but I think I have fair grounds. Drum roll please...
1. I had to miss my first class this Wednesday (about $500 a pop if you do the math) to make an appointment at the University Health Clinic. What I thought was general flu season yuckiness turned out to be a rather vicous infection.
2. After three visits in 24 hours to the clinic, Health Services decided to send me to the experts at UMASS Memorial to have a minor surgery on what turned out to be a rather severe cyst. It was the most painful medical experience I've had---and the 5 people in the room treated me more like a robot that needed tuning up than a whole person who was in pain, confused, and traumatized.
3. Oh yeah...the night before the hospital, my friend and former Dhaka roomate Manisha came to visit me from Yale. On our way back from dinner we got into a terrible car accident (but were miraculously unharmed). Her Honda was hit by a semi truck and totalled. I remained completely calm at the time, but was terribly shaken up the next day just thinking about what COULD have happened. Being probed and invaded at the hospital the next day did not help at all.
So now I'm on extra strength pain killers (Vicodin and IBU 600) and trying to be somewhat productive as I sit wrapped in gauze on the couch. Sigh. I need a break. Thankfully my friends and family have been wonderfully supportive and caring. I hate being so incapacitated!!!
I hope things are back to normal before Thursday. My friend is hosting an open mic night/hip hop performance at his house and I've agreed to perform.
Ok, off to do some whining and napping...
TKPain


2 Comments:
Teepers,
Oh no! I wish I was there watching some ND and I could make you some vegan bean dip.
I am thinking about you!
Tu amiga
Minders
Tan,
I love you. Hope you get better soon. Love
Post a Comment
<< Home