Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Soy una "porker"

A series of post-Thanksgiving events seem to reveal to me that I have become a veritable porker...

1. When I was in the library on Sunday, I saw these strange little checker-design tables by the windows that I had never noticed before. I also noticed baskets lined with napkins sitting on each table which seemed to be brimming with home-baked goodies. I hastily reached into one to snap up the thoughtfully placed baked item and promptly ralph it down. Much to my chagrin, they were chess pieces. So consumed was I by thoughts of cookies, I did not realize that I nearly munched on a pawn.

2. I went to the ClarkU fitness center for the second time since arriving on campus in August. I guess that makes an average of one workout per 1.5 months. I'm chippin' away at my sedentary lifestyle at my own pace I suppose. Anyway, I spent 6 minutes on the bike thing (not a wise choice given the locale of my recent surgery), then moved to the treadmill. All of a sudden, I felt the room begin to spin about me as though I had consumed "tee many martoonis." I actually almost passed out after 6 minutes of exercise.

Prognosis? Porker.


off to drown my woes in a (real) cookie.

TKPuerco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home