Monday, February 20, 2006

Marry Me, Salman!!!



"The past is a country from which we have all emigrated..."
-Salman Rusdhie, Imaginary Homelands

I was reading a Salman Rushdie article for my sociology class about diasporic cultures and identities ("Roots and Routes") Saturday when I realized that I am insanely in love with this man. It was a piece about what it means for Indians living outside of India to write about their distant, fragmented homeland. He says "it is normally supposed that something always gets lost in translation; I cling, obstinately, to the notion that something can also be gained." *Swoon* Something about the way he writes urges me to scrawl little hearts in the margins of my book with "TKP + SR" inside. What does his Indian supermodel girlfriend Lakshmi got that I ain't got???

2 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little skimpy on the hair isnt he? I've heard hair pieces can look quite natural.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Bride said...

He is coming to my brother's graduation ceremony as the chief speaker...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home