Bouqet Brawl
Guess who caught the bouquet at Meghan's wedding?
If you said me, you're right. I'm not sure what this even means, but I didn't just casually pluck that delicate bundle of cala lilies out of the air. I DOVE for it. I boxed out like a Pistons defense player, brutally stampeding the hopeful young bridesmaids for a taste of floral victory. I never thought my competitive nature would manifest itself in a bouquet toss at a friend's wedding.
We had a fun night at Meg and Chris' wedding. It was a small group (about 125 people), and very intimate. I guess I'm comparing this to the Indian weddings I've been to, where there are at the very least 350. Anyway, It was a moving ceremony, and a light-hearted fun reception. My dear friend and bridesmaid Christie looked gorgeous (who said redheads can't wear red?), as did the bride. Dinner at Sanchez before the late wedding. Drinks at the reception. Denny's afterward. It was great. Now the happy couple are waking at the Amway Grand, having their first breakfast-in-bed as a married couple. I wonder which of my friends is next?
I have a short week coming up this week. We get Friday and Monday officially off for the 4th of July weekend, then its a week of vacation for me. I'll be heading to D.C. for four days for my Fulbright Orientation. I'm excited to see my friends Jillian and Austin. Par-tay. I'll keep you posted.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home