Random Thoughts
It's Saturday, the third day of my extended vacation, and I'm thinking about a number of things. Primarily surrounding my impending trip (the tasks for which I have to complete in the next 4 weeks are driving me steadily insane).
1. Between now and February 2005, I will probably see John for a grand total of three days. I was trying to swing a "quick" stopover to Beijing en route to Dhaka, but the airline prices are astronomical. Admittedly, I'm not the one paying for it, but I do have a limited budget. I'd rather blow the cash on a vacation to Cambodia or something later.
2. My love of the Lord of the Rings has reached embarrassingly obsessive proportions. I own each DVD of the trilogy now, and sit for hours drooling over the extras late into the night. I'm also reading the book. I think genius of J.R.R. Tolkein is up there with some of the greatest minds of our time, surpassing even the brilliance of Pauly Shore.
3. My sister is the greatest. I've been having such a great time with her this weekend doing absolutely nothing. We went shopping (one of my least favorite activities in the world), watched some TV, and practiced the German liederhosen dance from Steven Colbert's routine on the "Strangers with Candy" DVD. Our parents looked at us (quite rightly) like we were insane. I love having a best friend for a sister.
4. Everyone's getting married except me. This Saturday my sister went to a second of her high school friends' weddings this summer. These women have to be 21 or 22. I'm 23, so by West Michigan standards, I'm quickly approaching Old Maidom. It's all right with me, mama.
5. Recent movies: Monsieur Ibrahim, The Fog of War, The Triplets of Belleville. All excellent.
On my cinema horizon: Napoleon Dynamite, Goodbye Lenin, The Lord of the Rings DVDs (again).
Well, I'm off to have dinner with the family and some of our closest friends. It's Bengali food night, so the whole house is perfumed with various fish odors. I'll be eating some "niramish" (vegetables).
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Tanya


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home