Hartal-icious
The Awami League has called YET ANOTHER hartal, or general strike. When I was in the field, some "miscreants" (as the newspapers love to call them) assasinated the head lawyer for the minority party so they've decided to shut down the country for a few days. Fabulous.
I used to be excited for hartals in the same way elementary school kids in Michigan revere snow days. They were once like unexpected mini vacations, but I have so much work to do lately that having everything shut down--including public transportation--is a big pain in the "paccha." There was a strike scheduled for Tuesday and Saturday (today). Now the strike has been extended to tomorrow. It is Buddha's birthday, so the BRAC office had a holiday anyway. Some way to celebrate the birth of the Enlightened One. Speaking of...
What did Buddha say to the hot dog vendor?
Make me one with everything.
Ha!


3 Comments:
cute!!!
Hey Tickles-
I emailed you just now, so check it when you get a chance. I miss ya like I miss our dance parties of 4!
Crizzity
As my kids would say.."don't be hatin' on no league. dat make you chapped. dats down bad. you need to check dat er you gonna get sneaked. daw dats scary." its good to hear you are still bridging the gap for those not so fortunate to have a sense of humor. keep up the good work.
Post a Comment
<< Home