Tye dying...die trying...tried dying, there we go
I wanted to have purple hair.
Because of my Hellish night of no sleep last night (the heat! oh the heat!), I treated myself to a salon trip during which I impulsively got my hair dyed purple. Or tried to, at least. I tried to explain that I didn't want a tint, or purple "highlights," but that I wanted Barney-the-Dinosaur purple rockstar hair. Instead I ended up with an elegant, subtle, violet glow visible only in sunlight. I was so disappointed that I got my money back."But it won't look pretty, madame," said the salon worker bees time and time again as I pleaded with them to bleach me blonde and make me a grape. "I don't want to look pretty!!!!"
I am trying next week to get the real deal and re-dye it. I figure I've always wanted funky hair, and now that I will be in grad school and it is still socially acceptable to have unnaturally hued hair, why not? I'm not looking for a job. I will be Tanya the Purple Haired Teaching Assistant come August 2005.
Above a is picture of us this weekend outside the Oriental Pearl restaurant. We ate excellent Chinese and got a private room for group karaoke. We sang all the songs together (with a little help from our friend General Smirnoff) totally out of tune, but it was fun anyway. The Eagles got nuthin' on the BRAC intern version of "Hotel California," and Britney Spears herself would have been shamed by our rendition of "Baby, One More Time." I love my BRAC intern buddies :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home