Things you should know

It's been a surprisingly eventful uneventful week in my favorite city on earth, Worcester, Massachusetts...
-Because I am a nerd and wish to maintain my reputation as such, I purchased a faux fur aviator hat and plan on "rockin' it" on campus all winter long (see picture to the right). I wore it around our house today, but my roomates had difficulty taking me seriously for some reason.
-I helped my roomates paint our living room a lovely slate-green color. Anything's better than the Home Depot orange we had before. I actually feel like studying in the living room now.
-I developed a melodramatic crush on a fellow student this week, only to learn that my feelings were unrecquited. *Sigh* I guess that's why they call it a "crush..." it's pretty darn crushing to find out someone doesn't like you. I'm in middle school HELL again!!!
-I made some Indian food for myself for the third time in my life. I tried to make some dahl. It wasn't Mom's cooking, but it satisfied my 'Deshi craving. mmm...lentils.
-I realized today that some people in my program are really missing the point of grad school. Sorry to rant here, but I'm not sure why at this level people are so hypercompetitive and obsessed with "grades" and how long your paper is vs. my paper. I had someone make a snide comment to me about how I "always make a big show" of what I've read for class. Um...I think that's called PARTICIPATION. I paid a good chunk of Taka to work my brain here, and so have you. Seriously, grow up.
-I went dancing again last night. Whew! I work AND party hardy.
Okay, must go read now. And try not to be crushed with rejection. Sigh.
TKP


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home