"the druggy zone"
I am skipping the cultural anthropology class for which I am a TA right now, even though I'm supposed to run a discussion section tonight. I am trying to relax before having to go back to the health clinic to get some lovely gauze ripped out of my body. Sigh. I am deep, deep in the druggy zone as I took some preemptive Vicodin to ease the pain. Woo-hoo!
I had class today, and though I tried to be insightful and lucid, I ended up piping up and making random and irrelevant comments in my somewhat strung-out state. In between brief naps I would intermittently blurt out my analytical objection to some article on "religion, culture, and spirituality in development." Ugh, I think everyone thought I was a tad wacko.
*sigh* The lovely young man I have a crush on is in that class with me. He looked adorable and oh-so-professional in his blue collared shirt today...I totally envisioned myself jumping on the table in class and belting out the ABBA tune "S.O.S" to him. I imagined a spot light shining on me, microphone in hand, wooing him during our 9:00am development theory seminar. "So when you're near me, darling can't you hear me? S.O.S! The love you gave me, nothing else can save me, S.O.S!" SOS indeed. I feel as though my ship has been sinking lately.
OK, Jodi's here. Must run. I'm sure I will read this post at some point and wonder what on God's green earth I was talking about.
cheers mates.
S.O.S,
TKP


2 Comments:
Clearly, he would be more impressed if you sat on your Case Hall futon, used a paper plate as a steering wheel to drive your futon car, complete with stolen terra cotta pig planter, doing your own rendition of "The Next Episode."
It's the muthafuckin' TKP.
heh. It's kind of interesting to read about the TA side of things, the side that we (the students) never get to see (like, eh, TA's have crushes?). Though it kind of also makes me wonder what'll happen if I (hopefully) go to grad school.
Yayy to skipping class...
Post a Comment
<< Home