Workin' at the Carwash, Yeah
Here are some pretty incriminating pictures of our company carwash to benefit the American Heart Association from last weekend. I think we made around $600.00 for the association. Lots of people showed up to help. My friend Mindy is seen here wearing shorts, as am I. Though I would ordinarily be happier to publicly bear my bum than my legs (I feel it an enormous disservice to the general public), the carwash needed me. My legs also needed some faint suggestion of pigment, so I tried to bake the pastiness out of them in the late June sunshine.
That reminds me...I really need to wash my car, both inside and out. I never got around to getting the "detailing" done on my car after the great flood of '04, which left its moldy perfume lingering in my interior. Yes, I got stuck in the one flash-flood that we had all year. It wouldn't have been so bad if my boss hadn't specifically told me not to go out for lunch because it looked like heavy rain. Roughly 12 minutes after poo-pooing her warning, I was stranded in the middle of a small road that had flooded so thoroughly I couldn't drive through a puddle. The water flooded my engine and my car died right there. I almost died myself, as my car began slowly filling with water. I felt like I was aboard the Titanic, and after about 10 minutes of watching in disbelief as my belongings floated by me inside of my Ford Focus, I waded out to "shore." Anyway, I really need to get the smell out, especially now that its been compounded by the two mugs of coffee I've spilled on the rug and left since last weekend. Does anyone know of a place nearby that does satisfactory detailing for less than $50?


1 Comments:
Howdy,
Cool blog, check mine out if you get the chance. 616lookingfortrouble.blogspot.com
Post a Comment
<< Home