Utter Exhaustion
Yes, that is a candid picture my mom and/or dad took of my unintentional nap on the deck yesterday after work. I went to go enjoy the non-airconditioned environment of our back deck just before my nightly date with Peter Jennings on ABC news, and before I knew it, I sat up dizzily, my contacts were dry and sticky, and my parents were snickering. I was really confused about why "Entertainment Tonight" was on during the news hour, then I realized that I had completely slept through it (sniffle--Peter--sniffle). My sister knows how I feel about sleeping outside. It gives me the heebie-jeebies. Just ask any of my friends I've ever gone "camping" with.
I'm not sure why I've been so wiped out. Perhaps its the extra load at work. I've been covering for the assistant to the President and CFO while she is out with pneumonia (yikes). Maybe its the new regiment of stomach medicine I am FINALLY taking, after years of John pleading with me. It could also be the lack of physical activity in my life right now. They say exercise give you more energy...I guess that only applies if you actually use the expensive gym membership you purchased. It could also be the late nights I've been pulling. I still find myself trying to deny my 8 to 5 lifestyle, and continue plodding along on college standard time (wake at 10:00, eat at 1:00, nap at 4:00, bed at 2:00am). I miss the good ole' days.
In any case, I'm sapped for energy this week. Maybe I just need another vacation?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home