Pictures have arrived
I am pleased to announce that with a little help from my friend Katie, a bit of prodding from my dear John, and the discovery that my digital camera actually IS working, I CAN NOW POST PICTURES ON MY WEBLOG!!!
Finally.
Below are three pictures from last night. I went to my friend Safina's elopement (is that a word?). She married her long-time Bangladeshi boyfriend in a no-frills ceremony at a "kazi office" (Muslim official office--kind of like the Secretary of State Office, but with Quran chapters on the wall). It was situated at a busy intersection in downtown Dhaka. The ceremony was simple and administrative, but there was something so moving and intimate about it...I almost cried. Actually, my eyes were watering, but it was from the Dhaka pollution.
Anyway, it was really special, and I thought I'd share it with you since most of us have never seen a Muslim wedding before. I guess Safina is coming back within a year to do the big traditional Bengali wedding, with the red sari, the fish, the endless sweets, etc.
That is all for now. Looking forward to posting new pictures and sharing new experiences.
TKP


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home