Saturday, March 12, 2005

Saving the World through Lethargy

I am lazy, and I feel really guilty about it.

I haven't done anything this week to better anyone's life except my own. I'm in a bit of a research/emotional rut, and am having one helluva time pulling myself out. I blame the mid-month hormones. Perhaps its the "oh no...the end of the semester is near" type anxiety I used to get in college. Instead of gearing up, I have a system shut-down. The most productive things I've done in the last seven days:

-Watched "The Sting" last night. Robert Redford was fine in the seventies. Definitely the Brad Pitt of Mom and Dad's generation.

-Had pizza with Katie and Isaac at the American Club restaurant. This time I avoided having the crows swoop down and take my leftovers, like they did last time (clever little bastards)

-Sat through English class at Nari Jibon, the new incarnation of the Sathi NGO. Sr. Fulbrighter Kathy Ward is running the operation. I usually help out, but today I did very little but act as a paper weight.

-Apparently gained 10 pounds or so. Everyone in the office and who I see on a regular basis has dutifully pointed out that since my vacation to Thailand, I've been looking "fatty" and "black." I prefer "tan and healthy," but that's just me.


-Talk to John on the phone like 3 times a day. I miss him, and I've prescribed multiple conversations to help heal my post partem depression.

OK, must run. Getting kicked off computer.

Puppies and Rainbows,

TKP

1 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tanya, you're the English teaching queen. I refuse to believe that you acted as a paperweight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home