Incommunicado
Hello...
Well, I'm back in action. Partially, at least. I've had a pretty tough week, chock full of frustration at my losing stuff (my cell phone, my planner) and having stuff stolen (my new SIM card, my pin drive). It's been extremely annoying, so I'm taking a little vacation this weekend to get my self re-aligned. A group of we BRAC interns have rented a small cruise boat and we're heading to the Sundarbands, the world's largest mangrove forest and home of the elusive Royal Bengal Tiger. Although actually spotting one is an exciting prospect, we're statistically more likely to see the Easter bunny. There are sadly only about 800 or so of these magnificent creatures left in the world. Keisuke is still pretty stuck on his idea of renting a "tiger suit" and freaking out the other tourists by prancing around the jungle in it.
The research ball JUST got rolling again, and I'm taking another vacation. Could I feel any guiltier? At least its inside the country this time. I hope I can gear up for a super-paced final four months. I applied for a one-month extension, actually.
I miss John :(
John's Mom sent a care package with a bunch of medicine, mail, roach traps (for the army of swiss-army knife-sized cockroaches seiging our apartment), and goodies for us the other day. It made me so homesick I actually teared up. Then I ate one of the Frango chocolates, 2 gingerbread cookies, and a chocolate chip cookie bar and I felt not so blue.
Must run and pack for the trip.
TKP


1 Comments:
Hi Tan,
Know that we miss you hear too! The bidness is just not the same!
Love Mindy
Post a Comment
<< Home