Guess Whose Back
HELLO!!!
I'm finally back to blogging. I feel like an eternity has passed since my last post. I guess its been more like 17 days. Sorry I was out of commission. The long trip to India really knocked me out of orbit. Anyway, here is a list of the major goings on and events of January, lest I bore you with a marathon post...
1. John is here! Oh yes, British Sir (which many Bengalis call him behind his back) came in just over a week ago. We've been having a lovely time together eating out, hanging out, and trying to avoid falling out...of rickshaws. John's worst nightmare.
2. The Fulbright Conference in Kerala was a-mazing. We met awesome people from all over the US working all over South Asia on projects ranging from painting Indian Holy men to doing Tsunami relief to empowering construction workers through video technology. Awesome.
3. A pot-smoking Sadhu on the beach read my palm and told me that I would live to be 83 and have 8 children. Then he took a bite out of his McDonald's Ice Cream bar and said I would never have to worry about money.
4. I am starting a brand new research project involving the way women view and talk about their bodies. I'm so excited.
5. This past weekend was Eid Korbani, also affectionately called "cow Eid," when thousands of cows are 'sacrificed' in the middle of the street and the beef is then distributed to the poor. A nice concept, but couldn't they hand out squash? Maybe fries? Bottom line: Hindu's worst nightmare. I stayed inside ALL day long. I made tofu for dinner.
That is all for now. More to come this week, then I'm off to the village next week. Thanks for all of your interesting comment posts, whether I know you or not, I'm getting more and more cyber-deshi friends each week.
Adios,
TKP


2 Comments:
Tanya-
Tell Juan I said Yo! Oh - and news from the NPR homefront - Todd Mundt is staying at Michigan Radio but no longer will be hosting Morning Edition. Hopefully you will be as nerdly interested with that as I was! Bill Porman will now be the new host. FYI! Take it sleazy! - The one and only fire
welcome back! happy writing.
Post a Comment
<< Home