Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Delhi Belly Relief

As you might have guessed, I’m back from the dreadful week in Delhi, which would have been awesome were it not for the gallons of water issuing from my body every hour or so. It was torture being surrounded by so much tasty north Indian vegetarian food, unable to eat even one chapatti. I’m just glad to be back in Dhaka (I never thought I would utter those words). It’s warm and humid, and my health is more or less restored.

I went to the Embassy Medical Unit yesterday and they said if I was feeling better to keep pushing fluids and rest up. I asked if they need to run any special “tests” or anything, but the nurse said it was up to me. She said to “drop off” a stool sample if I felt the need. Drop one off? What would you drop that off in? Tupperware? I lost my adult composure at this thought and went into childish hysterics right in the clinic.

Well, tonight I’m off to celebrate my friend Katie’s birthday at the oddly named Thai restaurant “@ Corner.” I think it was a typo or something, but that’s seriously what it’s called. Great tofu dishes. It’s also our buddy Paula’s birthday, so we’re going out as one big group. Let me also take the opportunity to say happy birthday to my dear friend Libby back in Michigan. Happy 24th, Sturrus twins!

Have a great week.

1 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger deshi said...

just got back from dhaka after a month long vacation.. thoroughly enjoyed "@ corner" food, however. yum! deshi chinese/thai food is so much better than american chinese/thai... no?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home