Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Post-Earthquake Rendezvous

First of all, I am OK.

My famiy, friends, co-workers, and anyone I keep in touch will are all alright and unaffected by the earthquake. Thanks to all of you for your outpourings of love and concern. It makes me feel very good to know that you all "got my back," whether its an imminent beating from an enraged high school girl over 'stolen boyfriend' issues or a natural disaster.

I am back in Kolkata starting my vacation and I received the best Christmas gift of all...my little sister! She is doing well in health, spirits, and vanity (she got a pedicure already...she's been in India for less than 72 hours). We stayed up all night chatting about everything: her friends, my friends, my research, her job, how she passed out during the portion of her visit to Temple University where they extracted a tooth from a patient. It was awesome.

Anyway, I should run. Much shopping and catching up to do. I'll keep you all posted on my adventures in India over the next two and a half weeks.

Au revoir!

(shout out to my new friend Didion, a French guy I met on the plane from Dhaka to Calcutta)

TKP

1 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you and your family are okay. My mom called me to find out too since I am spending some time here on the East side with Rafael. We were thinking about you! Love ya,

Mindy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home