Wednesday, December 22, 2004

A Blue Christmas

Wow, I can't believe it's three days away from Christmas. It totally just sneaks up on you when you're in a land that doesn't really celebrate the holiday. I'm sitting in the American Club right now looking out of the windows strung with Christmas lights, watching people play tennis in their shorts and lollies. It just doesn't feel like the season to be jolly.

I've had a pretty rough week. I've been sleep deprived due to the hive of social activity that is my apartment. It's like being in college again, with my BRAC friends living in the apartments on either side or below me. My two Bengali-American roomates and I stay up all night chatting or watching DVDs, which makes waking up at 7:00am to go to the office rather Hellish. I've had a tough time at work getting really motivated to work on my project, and then today I lost ALL of my digital files on my iPod. 800 songs and 6+ hours of interviews from the village GONE. *Poof* I was devastated.

I'm off to the field again this coming week. Spending the 27th-30th in the village, then off to India to see my little sis! I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. After she leaves, I'm heading to beautiful South India for a week-long Fulbright conference. When I come back, John will be in town. A very exciting couple of months coming up here. Just hope I can keep it all together.

1 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feliz Navidad amiga! Prospero Ano tambien! I hope you are enjoying the holiday season. My family says to say hi too! Miss you! Mindy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home