Saturday, February 19, 2005

A three hour tour...three hour tour...

Now sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of two backpackers' trip.

It started out in Chittagong, where the scene is not as hip.
Now we're headed for "Koh Phagnan," a fun little tropical isle,

The tourists crowd it night and day,
to get a hotel with a view
good take a little while.

Sitting at BKK airport again, awaiting our flight to Koh Samui to see the "real" Thailand (read: outside of crazy Bangkok). We should just rent a tent and camp in the concourse.

Random thoughts as I am being rushed off the computer by a slight impatient European lady with short blonde hair...

1. We visited the Cambodian landmine musuem in Siem Reap when we were in Cambodia. I forgot to mention our brief but touching trip there. You can visit it online www.cambodialandminemuseum.org. It's a very makeshift outdoor musuem run by a guy that used to be a child soldier for the Vietnamese. He's made his life mission to raise awareness about the danger and devastation of landmines to innocent civilians, especially kids. It costs 5 dollars to plant a landmine, and 500 to remove one.

2. Guiltily went to Starbucks the other day to cool down with a Frappucino. Damn you Starbucks! Why must you be so tasty (and conveniently located)!?!?!?!

3. Bangkok is overflowing with impossibly cute school children in neat school uniforms. They are everywhere....the coffee shop, China town, the movie theater. It's like being in some kind of "Austin Powers" movie 24 hours a day. I half expect them to start chasing me down the street or something.

4. We saw the Grand Palace yesterday. It was so gorgeous and extravagant that it was almost suspicious. Definitely Siamese Disney land. Almost died of heat stroke...twice. Then I had some Haagen Daz ice cream :)

5. John got to work on his Mandarin yesterday, as we had dinner in China town last night. I treated us to one-hour Thai style foot massages. Ahhh....I am relaxing just thinking about it..

Must run. Euro-lady getting angry,

TKP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home