Go Red Sox! Score that touchdown!
Well, it's official. I will be a New Englander next year. I've confirmed my acceptance to Clark University in Worcester, MA for fall 2005. They gave me a sizable scholarship and a teaching assistanceship. My classes start in August. I may get a chance to meet--maybe even work with--my feminist IR hero, Cynthia Enloe. Her seminal work on gender and international relations (Bananas, Beaches, and Bases) made me do a 180 in terms of my academic interests. To be honest, I'm a bit terrified of the East Coast/city life. I don't think I'm nearly pushy enough to do things like ride the subway, or cut in line at Au Bon Pain. I certainly don't have the Burberry plaid fashion sense that appears to be a prerequisite to live there, and I know more about cricket than I do about baseball. Plus, I don't eat clam chowder being a vegetarian and all. I hope my transition from Michigan to Massachussetts is as smooth as it was from Grand Rapids to Dhaka.
Anyway, must run and paaaaaak the caaaaaa in Haaaavudh Yaaaaad.
I tried.
TKP


3 Comments:
Watch out...seriously, I think Au Bon Pain puts something addictive in their food. I ate it nearly EVERY DAY in the Dizzle to the Cizzle. -Christie
blueberry plaid? Consult your sister the Sonester. What about your loyalty to Michigan???? Go...Pistons..yeh babe like Emeril would say..kick it up a notch.
Guess
TKPizzle,
When I think of you in MA, (i say "MA" b/c i can't spell masasachewits) i can only think of one thing. And that one thing is christie and her ex boyfriend louie. Didn't they meat during a churching youth group outting in MA? So I am graced with very fond memories of making fun of christie. Thank you tanya for making those memories live again.
-p.nas
Post a Comment
<< Home