Music in my Soul
This week I've proven again to myself that I should seriously explore the option of getting my iPod surgically attached to my body. I've gotten more use out of that little white box than the desk in my bedroom. Perhaps that's...not a good thing...
I've been listening to music non-stop and its been great. I think my roomates are getting a shade annoyed lately--every time I walk into the house I'm belting out some Etta James or Led Zepplin tune. Casey had the door open for me at lunch yesterday because she "heard me coming down the street" singing a Neil Diamond song. I have no shame. I've even taken to openly dancing on my walk to school in the morning. I stopped in the park this morning to break it down to one particular section of a J-Lo song. Tuesday night as I was writing the agenda for my TA class on the blackboard (I actually went in early for once), a Michael Jackson song came on and a student walked in on me making a feeble attempt at the Moonwalk.
Tonight I get to let some of that music in my soul out into the open. I'm debuting "Tanya and her guitar" at a friend's open mic party. Gulp. I'm nervous. Singing a Patty Griffin song called "Goodbye." I feel anxious about not having a trusty karaoke track to back me up...
Oh, speaking of surgery, I'm doing okay. On and off the pain killaz (that would be cool hip hop group name). Still waddling to some extent. 4-6 weeks for recovery is what Janet at UMASS Memorial told me. I really hate this crap. If I'm not loopy, I'm in pain.
Well, must run to a study group for a final exam in my Gender and Development Planning class. Will see you later. I'll be sure to put some pictures of the party tonight up.
Adios.
TKP


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home