Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Vacating with vigor

In a brilliantly Orwellian move, the Indian goverment has blocked access to blogger and other weblog sites, citing the role of the internet in helping to coordinate the recent bombings in Mumbai. I doubt, however, that this will last long in the world's largest democracy, where an entire generation of middle and upper class nerds rely on blogs as their primary source of social and romantic interaction. Oddly, I am still able to post in my blog but I cannot read others' blogs.

In non-political news, TJ, Kasturi and my picture were indeed plastered on page 3 of the Times of India "Calcutta Times" recreation section. I was featured in a full body shot doing a cheesy Bollywood pose (hair bunched up on the head with hand, hip jutting out, mouth agape etc.) and was wearing an embarassingly unflattering ensemble. The text of the article had to loop its way around my protruding belly...oh the indignity of the profile shot! I've been pigging out so intensely a girdle may soon be in order.

I'm doing great healthwise. I've been staying with some friends in their resort-like flat and the relaxation has molded me into a new (and even lazier) Tanya. In contrast, I heard from a Clark friend in Sudan for the summer who was just released from a UN hospital recovering from her tripartite malaise of worms, amoebas AND malaria.

One month to go. Must get off bum and do some interviews. Ooh, Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion is on HBO tonight...

TKP

3 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She really did invent the Post-it notes!!
I love that movie!!!!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger angela said...

oh, romy!

"you're the mary, i'm the rhoda!"
"no, you're the mary, I'M THE RHODA!"

the next time i see you, i will perform the dance with you to "time after time".

fondness!

 
At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya!

My name is Adeeba and I've been a visitor of your blog for some time now.

I'm applying for a 3 month volunteer internship with BRAC in Bangladesh and I undertand you did something similar a few years ago. I'm having trouble putting together my application and would greatly appreciate some tips from you.

If you are able to help, my e-mail address is luchu1411@homtail.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Adeeba

 

Post a Comment

<< Home