Sunday, July 02, 2006

Flim

Here (finally) are some Kolkata pictures that I've been taking on a "flim" camera that I bought for like ten bucks. My buddy Brian accidentally dropkicked my digital on St. Patty's day, so my photography equipment has been relegated to the stone age.
Here is a self-portrait of yours truly right after I woke up one morning. I love my new nerdy specs, but apparently the camera found them so hideous that the picture self destructed and came out like this. Cannot...process...glasses too googly...

A face-related side note, someone commented anonymously on my blog that I was cute (blush). I went back to verify that I did indeed look cute in those bar outing pics when I realized something: I failed to identify myself among Monisha, Rubiath, and I. Ruby was in every shot where as I was not, and she is quite a Bangladeshi Babe. I have this sneaking suspicion that the flattering comment was a case of mistaken identity...
The TKP Summer Research War Room. It is equipped with a refurbished wooden desk and office chair (which belonged to my Grandfather, Dr. Santi Ranjan Palit, Physical Chemist extraordinaire), a laptop on loan from a gracious family friend, a growing collection of books, an antique clock, and a large, coiled cobra preserved in a vat of chemicals (also my Grandfather's). What else do you need?
This is the area in which I work. I got lost on my way to Sonagachi Lane one morning, but came across a typical old Calcutta lane. It was colorfully adorned with flags from World Cup team countries.
People in Bengal are pagul (crazy) for soccer, I'll say it again. You can find these chalk scoreboards all over the city announcing the final game scores and upcoming matches. This weekend was devastating for me futbol-wise. BOTH Argentina AND Brazil beaten by European teams? Que lastima. Now there are officially zero developing countries represented in the Copa Mundial. The should just call it the Copa Europa, or even better, Copa del Colonialismo...

2 Comments:

At 3:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, you are pretty cute, and your new glasses are great. Maybe you should pick up an extra pair...or two...or five, just to be safe..
Miss you. Don't let the bedbugs bite.

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in the pics.
Arent you the one in the green Tee ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home