Friday, June 23, 2006

Spring Break Flashback

My friend Christie sent me some belated pictures of her and Peggy's March visit to the greater Boston area. Coincidentally, they came to visit me at grad school during the tail end of my last major health crisis and having them around was just what I needed to restore me to health. Their love, in the words of Bon Jovi, "was like bad medicine," and bad medicine was certainly what I needed. Reminisce with me...

For reasons that are beyond me, Christie and Peggy passed the time on the train from Boston to Worcester by posing for hypothetical "America's Next Top Model" headshots. Apparently that's some kind of reality show, I don't know. We used to do fake Pantene Pro-V commercials when we lived in the dorms in college and I believe Christie has captured the spirit.
Sometimes there's nothing better than kicking back with your friends and trying on your entire hat wardrobe. I've amassed an impressive collection in Massachusetts alone. Here Peggy and I are pictured with the "where's waldo" and "the aviator." I would like to point out that I was on some heavy painkillers and it was quite humid at the time, which hopefully explains why I look like a confused eskimo with an unfortunate jericurl.
Skipping along the rocky Cape Cod beach with C&P was really one of my most memorable trip moments ever. The scenery was beautiful, but I'm sure I scared some children at the chilly beach, as my post-surgery pain made me slink like Gollum between the rocks. Plus, I kept hunching over and stroking my camera, calling it my "prrrrecioussss..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home