Friday, August 06, 2004

"A Real Doosie"

My ankle is the size of an average citrus fruit.

I would say it's somewhere between a standard orange and a grapefruit. Yes, I somehow managed to attain a severe sprain to my left ankle, and on a Friday morning AT WORK. I am now on crutches, in a brace, iced, elevated, and completely incapacitated. It even hurts to nap.

I think the more serious injury that I sustained was the wicked blow to my ego. It happened all in one mortifying instant, when I was running back inside the unfamiliar building in which an offsite business meeting would occur that day. I tripped forward on curb, and all I remember is the thick and dewey morning grass rushing up to hit me in the face. I think I cowered on all fours for a minute before I realized that my ankle was swelling at the rate of a driver's side airbag. I pondered crying, then thought of how much my friend Mindy would rip on me (I had just been roasting her the night before about her run-in with the wall on Thursday--she actually knocked an award off the wall). I managed to hop on over to my Mom's SUV and grab my cell phone to make some really humiliating phone calls to my supervisor and mom.

I'm home right now, taking some meds and hobbling about like a true tripod. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to walk on it by Monday, but it looks for now like someone's going to be spending the weekend holed up in the computer room or laying in the couch watching movies. Oh wait...that's how I spend my weekends anyway. Maybe its not so bad afterall...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home