Saturday, June 04, 2005

This week's headlines

Average Temperature this week: 100F (it hits 104 during mid-day usually...I check my key chain thermometer pretty regularly)

Cumulative hours of sleep: 20. I have begun freezing bottles of water during the day and pressing them against my face at night to keep cool.

Best Quote: "My food taste good...YOU no taste good!" -The Manager of the Spaghetti Jazz restaurant to my two Pakistani friends after they complained about having to pay for food they returned because it was inedibly bad

Best Purchase: A Mango (swanky brand from Spain) denim skirt-US Dollars $2.50

Best Meal this Week: Spicy Vegetable Biryani prepared by our "bua" (aka-maid/part time cook) Aklima...mmm....spicy...

French Sentence for the Week: "Vous Le Vous Le Discoteque?" = Do you want to go to the night club? My Francophone roomate is teaching me only the important stuff.

Random BRAC Intern-Relegated Task for the Week: Serve as "official rapporteur" at the BRAC Road Safety seminar this Monday. I basically have to take notes for six hours straight.

I hate whoever stole our air conditioner compression unit.

Toodles,

TKP

2 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Jibonjatri said...

whoa!!! 100F!!! Man, dhaka is burning then.. like Phoenix Arizona. Worse thing is, DHK is more humid and crazy

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's "voulez vous aller à la discothèque..."
Tanya, i thought i was a good teacher...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home