Thursday, September 08, 2005

Bizzy

Wow...

the last couple days have been nuts. Had my first discussion section Tuesday night and it went really well. My group of students is about 24--we had a great discussion about Hurricane Katrina. Too bad the Clark hip-hop dance team has booked the room downstairs for rehearsal for the rest of the year. I had to try to talk over Missy Eliot the whole time (Music Make you Lose Control!).

I've also been running into tons of 'Deshi students. I can spot the Dhaka kids from a mile away. The Bangladeshi women I've met so far tend to dress up a lot for class (skirts, party-esque tank tops, etc.)They make me feel like a scrub in my $3 "Las Vegas" tiger tee shirt and worn jeans. There's also a couple of dudes from Calcutta (Kolkata)in IDCE. I had to explain to them how I was "from" Calcutta, but not really, that I'm just a poser (oh yeah...that cafe on Park Street is AWEsome!). I hear there's a "Deshi" group on campus and that they do a cultural show every year. I'm definitely going to check it out.

Ugh! The email server is down for the whole university! I just got the news. The printer's not working in our computer lab either. Woe is me. I should get going anyway. Joaquin the super is coming to fix our 1970's mustard yellow oven.

Adios para hora (trying to re-learn Spanish these days)...

TKP

1 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taan-ya,

I don't know many people who would go through the trouble to explain what a "poser" is at this age, let alone basing that definition on your national heritage, but if anyone would, it would have to be you. That's a long-winded way of saying that you still rawk.

I'm in Cincinnati now (a.k.a. the 'Nati), and Kim is watching Judge Judy. Some things never change...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home