Greetings from Hell
Hello there. I hope you haven't given up on reading my blog as I haven't really posted in a week. It's been a hellish week, primarily because I had so many important things to do and bungled nearly all of them. Here's a compact list:
1. I copied a mountain of articles last week in hopes or reading them slowly and gradually over the week (set a reasonable goal of 2 per night) and moving ahead on my research papers. Thus far, they have served only as coasters for people to put drinks on when they came over.
2. I dropped a wad of money on a fun but hectic party we threw for Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights. My Nepali roomate Bishnu wanted to have a few people over for a quiet dinner. After I got involved, it turned into a 45-person bash, complete with Indian buffet, Xmas lights, candles, Bhangra dancing, henna tatoos (mehindi), a Hindi sing-off, and neato portraits of Hindu dieties hanging all over the apartment. It was a hit. I was so into doing the henna that I forgot to eat, drank 2 glasses of wine and proceeded to puke on my sari. Pictures to come.
3. I am getting the bird flu, I just know it. I've had a slight fever and sore throat all week...and I think I'm growing a beak...
4. I was so exhausted last Tuesday that I laid down around 6:00pm to rest my eyes before my 7:00pm class (you know...the one that I TEACH) and ended up waking up suddenly at 7:05pm. I darted to my class with one hoop earring on and some serious eye circles. I was so embarassed, especially since I had just lectured them about not missing classes. After class, one student kindly pointed out that my fly had been open the WHOLE TIME.
5. I have not done my laundry since like Labor Day. My strategy has been to simply purchase excess socks, undies, etc. I wonder if they can actually arrest you for being lazy?
6. I have so many papers to grade that...oh my god...I can't even finish this sentence...
The best part of the week was getting to wear Indian clothes to school all week and using Diwali as an excuse. Everyone kept saying how beautiful I looked (aw shucks). It was a nice confidence boost :) Maybe I should look into acting school? Modeling perhaps? I could model sandals...
Aright, out to attempt some reading.
TKP


3 Comments:
I have the bird flu too!
Aww! Hang in there TKP! I had an open fly incident with my students too. While it super-embarassing, it will be something you can really laugh it down the line. Good luck getting all your stuff done!! Love ya!
TKP!!!
Miss you so much girl... I just laughed my ass off at your last post. Sounds like things are going pretty well for you despite this last post. I'm so glad you're happy there, even if you are so tired you forget about your fly. Don't feel bad though, I trip in front of the classes I'm working withat least twice a day. Also, I'm attempting to learn how to double dutch, but just keep getting smacked in the face. Anyhow, best of luck keeping stuff together! Love you! ~LV~
Post a Comment
<< Home