Turkey Day Blitzkrieg
Well, I'm sitting in my parents computer room in lovely Grand Rapids, MI. I can't believe how much its snowed here---it already looks like the winter wasteland I recall from a few Februaries back (remember now, I haven't seen snow in a couple of years). Anyway, I will be here for the next 48 hours, then I have to fly back to Boston. *Sigh* I'll be alone in Worcester Saturday and Sunday. Here's the rundown of my trip so far:
Hours to get from Boston to Grand Rapids: 12 (left Worcester at 4:00am, 6:00am flight, 3 hour wait in Chicago, 4.5 hours drive back to GR).
Number of times done karaoke: 2
Number of times my sister has employed her newly learned dental knowledge on me: 1 (she made me sit in a chair and open wide so she could poke around in my molars)
Movies: To watch- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Parineeta (Bengali film), Love Actually (which I own but have never gotten around to seeing)
Best Quote: Dad referring to biscotti as "those D-shaped crackers"
Theme Song for the weekend: "Ring of Fire" Johnny Cash. I completely sympathize with the amorous agony of The Man in Black. I simply cannot seem to quash my crush, and its becoming something of an intellectual liability...
Alright, must go downstairs and at least pretend to help Mom cook. I will probably end up sitting in front of the TV, mesmorized by the Weather Channel and Febreeze commercials. Its amazing what not having a TV will to your brain.
TKP


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home