Ha! You are so sock...
'Tell me about your week, TKP' you say? Glad you asked.
Exercise for the week: Conducting my imaginary orchestra in my study. I seriously waved my flaccid little arms (gripping a Bic pen wand) around for almost 8 minutes to Beethoven's Fidelio Overture before realizing that the construction workers next door were staring at me again.
Cerebral entertainment for the week: Visiting the Birla Academy of Fine Arts to gaze at contemporary paintings. I enjoyed it thoroughly despite being an art ignoramus. Colors are pritty...
Non-cerebral entertainment for the week: Seeing the Bollywood comedy Golmaal. The plot was so bad I got a headache plus I don't speak Hindi and had to try and understand by context. However, I thoroughly enjoyed analyzing the cultural, political, and brazenly homoerotic subtexts with my friends.
Weekly gastronomic winner: The Brie and carmelized onion tart at the restaurant Tangerine. Pair that baby with a nice fruity blush wine from Madhya Pradesh and you're in an appetizer-induced coma of p-l-e-a-s-u-r-e...
This week's Bengali language boo-boo: Meaning to call something "funny," I referred to it instead as "very sock." I still can't hear the difference between the two words.
Band I discovered I love this week: Bright Eyes. I resisted the dark charms of Conor Oberst for a long time but alas, I give in. Favorite lyric? I could have been a famous singer/If I had someone else's voice/But failure's always sounded better...
Amartya Sen quote for the week: "Despite increases in overall opulence, the contemporary world denies elementary freedoms to vast numbers--perhaps even the majority--of people."
Sen is the Nobel Prize winning (Bengali!) economist on whose theories I'm basing my Master's thesis. I wonder if he ever thought his theories would find relevance in the complex economy of the red light district?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home