Who put the "Glad" in "Gladiator?" Her-cu-les!
Tanya's weblog: The most trusted name in Tanya-related news.
SINCE AUGUST 25th:
Number of trips to Detroit Metro Airport: 3
Most physically strenuous activity: Canoing down the Huron River in Ann Arbor with Sonya, John, and Josh. It was a "maiden voyage" for yours truly, and from it I feel certain that my dreams of Olympic Gold have yet again been dashed...
Status of veganism: ranges from "poor" to "abysmal"
Best live music: female-led blues band at House of Blues in Chicago, IL
TV Programs that I will admit brought tears to my eyes: Olympics closing ceremony, Disney's "Hercules," (especially when he sings that song about 'going the distance'), and SATC on TBS
Most surreal moment: Watching a Sir-Mixalot-eqsue gentleman and his wife sing and PHYSICALLY ACT OUT the entire song "Baby Got Back" at Village Inn kareoke night last Friday. Very disturbing. Even more disturbing was the impression I got that they did this on a regular basis.
Best buy: Brand new Apple iPOD, 200 clams. Hey, I'm no material girl, but I have desired one of these like the deserts miss the rain. Isn't that a song?
Last time I heard from John: Saturday, 7:00pm. Static-filled phone call from Beijing. He's arrived and was catching a flight to Harbin, China. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Best Movie: Dr. Strangelove. It was one of the 250 or so DVDs John brought back from China. This one is hilarious. I can't believe that I'd never seen it before, especially given my nerdy high school obsession with Cold War politics.
Worst Movie: Center Stage. I watched the whole thing again anyway. I just keep hoping Jodi will make the right decision and ditch the blonde guy, who does a mean piroutte but is a complete jerk who breaks her heart. Hey, nobody puts Jodi in the corner!


1 Comments:
WOW. What a waste of carbon. Centerstage? That must of been right after "The Poop Of My Pants".
Post a Comment
<< Home