Saturday, August 06, 2005

Mulligan's Rules and Murphy's Law

Well, we're mid tournament here at the MAPI (Michigan Association of Physicians from India) golf tournament, and things have been going well. Its funny hanging about with Indian golfing doctors...they all share a similar joviality, fashion sense, and penchant for bad jokes. I helped cater the "hospitality room" my Dad ran yesterday at the Amway Grand Plaza in downtown Grand Rapids. When I realized that I forgot to bring utensils for people to spread the fancy cheese on crackers, one of the physicians remarked jokingly "hey...how we gonna cut the cheese? HA!"

Because my good buddy LV happened to be bartending at the Amway bar that night, I called over Ms. Libby--who just returned from a one-month trek across China--to join me for dinner, drinks, and some chat with LV. We stuck around the hotel distracting her from bartending for a bit then quite literally RAN INTO a couple of blasts from our high school pasts on the street: none other than the infamous Joe and Jay. They had their fancy cameras in tow and were taking pictures of the city at night. We had a great time reminiscing about 1998 over beers. It's almost as if the Gods knew I would run into people that day. I tried to look my "golfiest" by sporting electric green capri pants and a black polo shirt that ain't even mine. Doh! I ran into a former Cascade co-worker in the grocery store earlier that day. Both chance encounters left me longing to shout "wait! I normally look much cuter!"

Anyway, its been a good start to the weekend. I toured a group of golfers' spouses around the magnificent Frederick Meijer Gardens today under the scorching sun. It was fun, and I got a free hummus wrap at the cafe. My favorite part of the gardens is the carnivorous plant display. I always envision myself getting brutally devoured by a tulip or something.

Ok, must run and watch some more TV. I've decided today's my last day of "summer vacation" before planning the big trip on Thursday...

toodles.

TKP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home