Monday, September 12, 2005

Mr. Jensen goes to Worcester

Oh...my...God...

My good friend and High School APT comrade Eric "Electric Juice" Jensen is coming to speak in my class tomorrow. In what world is this possible? He and his girlfriend were in New Orleans the past couple of years (he teaching for noLA public schools, she working in public health) and were displaced by Hurricane Katrina. Now EJ is tooling around the country visiting friends and looking at grad schools. I swayed him to visit Clark (they have a great Community Development program AND provide scholarships for people who've done Peace Corps, Americorps, or Teach for America). The cultural anthro class for which I'm a T.A. has been discussing the socio-cultural aspects of the storm and its aftermath, and the Prof. was delighted when I told him about EJ. He asked him to come and talk about his experiences!

I haven't seen "The Juice" since...jeez...maybe MSU graduation in 2003? You would have to know EJ to understand what a treat I'm in for. In the words of the Swedish hockey player from Minnesota: "bottom line...you wish you were me."


TKP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home