My Sister: A Birthday Homage
Ah, to be a big sister. There is something etched into our genetic codes which urges us to torment, harass, poke, tease, ridicule, and generally perturb our younger sibilings. Today (almost---Sept 24 is 50 minutes away) my younger sister turns 23. I remember as if it were yesterday the mornings I would go into the nursery and pull the baby blankets through the bars of her crib until her pudgy little being was squished helplessly up against the front. Now, decades later, I should recognize that fact that we are both mature adults who command equal respect and should display maturity and professionalism, yet I cannot deny my urges to call her "butthead," make fun of her addiction to Harry Potter, or place the blame for acts of public flatulence squarely on her.
I dedicate this post to her. Happy Birthday Sonya! Enjoy the pictures (I know you'll hate me for putting these ones up...forgive me).


1 Comments:
Hey, just because you're not cool enough to be addicted to Harry Potter doesn't give you the right to make fun!
I envy you guys...how cool to have a built-in best friend in your family!
Post a Comment
<< Home