Sunday, October 09, 2005

Discover This

In the spirit of Columbus day weekend--which celebrates the ethnocentric Italian dude who "discovered" the North American continent where millions of indigenous people had already been living for millenia--I present you with a list of my own recent "discoveries..."

DISCOVERY #1-Thursday, October 6th 3:58pm-I am getting gray hair. Not just an errant strand or two, but CHUNKS of paka chool (Bengali for "ripe hairs") on the upper left side of my head. I remedied the situation today by purchasing a $4.00 box of blacker-than-black hair dye from Price Chopper. I may look like a goth queen, but at least people won't start callin' me Ma'am...

DISCOVERY #2-Worcester is a crappy, crappy town, and it is possible that I live on the sketchiest street in the city. My roomate's car was broken into--window shattered and all-- as she and my other roomies were sippin' beers at The Blarney Stone Friday night. Apparently it is the THIRD such break-in the bar has had this week. They should rename the city WORSTer. Don't even get me started on all the unarmed robberies of Clark students late at night...(Sorry to scare you Mom and Dad)

DISCOVERY #3-I hate the weather here. One day it's a veritable winter chill, so I swathe myself in sweaters and turtlenecks in preparation, then the next day the temperature hits 80 degrees F. Shoeless undergrads toss frisbees in the courtyard just to mock me as I waddle by in my scarf and mittens. It is driving me crackers.

DISCOVERY #4-I have a serious West Michigan accent. One of my west coast friends nearly gave herself a hernia laughing when she heard me pronounce the name of the upcoming October holiday. "Heeallaween...what? Heeallaween. There. What's so damned funny? Shut up!"

DISCOVERY #5-I am the queen of all procrastinators. What am I doing writing in my blog when I have a mountain of homework that rivals the Matterhorn?

Must run and sail the ocean blue.

TKP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home