Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Why I love my Family

Understanding that it is no mere coincidence that they comprise my primary weblog readership, this post is about my family. Why--despite radically differing world views, hobbies, and taste in movies--do I love them so?

1. My Mother: She is MAILING me homebaked pumpkin bread. Without my having made an explicit request, Mom "just seemed to know" that it was the critical fuel I need to get through the next half of the semester. When I questioned the potential "trouble" Mom would be going to, I was reassured that FedExing baked goods was something of a maternal--nay--patriotic duty. I love you Mom.

2. My Sister: I just spent the last three minutes laughing uncontrollably at an email she sent me. Without even trying to be funny, her words evoked tears of hilarity. Why? Because only Sonya could use the words "abbreviated " and "yucky" in the same sentences. Only she could employ the adjectives "skeptical" and "Halloweeny" in the same email, and still remain completely coherent. Oh you Libras...how delightfully binary...

3. My Dad: Because he sent me an email in response to my asking about a recent business trip that said "....had a good presentation down here in SCarolina. Wish I could say the same about my golf game Monday." Dearest Dad...how your jokes about the PGA "Senior Tour" never seem to get old.

I am so lucky to have a family that provides me with endless love, warmth, humor, and material for my weblog...


Rock on, L.

1 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just want you to know I am a regular reader of your blog. It makes me laugh and it good to see how you are doing, keep posting pics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home