Monday, December 12, 2005

I'm not dilly-dallying...

...What, procrastinate? Me? Never. I'm just warming up my typin' fingers, gearing up to finish my papers tonight (read: 7:00am this morning). Seriously, there are two burning things I just MUST share with you before I sit down and write...

1. I invented a new word this week: "re-sockling." Similar to "recycling," re-sockling describes that point in the graduate student's semester when one's personal hygeine (sp?) has been so side-lined due to school work that she or he is forced to dig through the laundry and wear used socks. I thought I was the only one in my house doing this, but it was revealed to me that at least TWO of my roomates have been re-sockling all week as well.

2. Dr. Earle, the professor for whom I am a teaching assistant, gave me perhaps the most flattering and unique complement on my wardrobe today. He caught me this evening in my green Adidas hoodie and my snowboarding hat and said "Wow...every time I see you its like you're a different Tanya. You're wardrobe is so expressive--it's like I'm seeing a bunch of your sisters or something." THANK YOU!!! Somebody finally noticed. I like to think that while I may lack "fashion sense," (what? no brown shoes w/ a black belt?) I still got style. I decide how to dress each day based on which Tanya I feel like (boi Tanya, alterna-Tanya, square corporate Tanya, etc.). It's hardly surprising that Dr. E, being the cultural anthropologist he is--was the only person ever to notice the pattern...or lack thereof.

Sigh. My homework calls.

Hope you all sleep well, 'cuz I sure won't be...


TKP

2 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

Maybe the day that Dr. Earle thought that he was seeing the "elegant and extremely sophisticated Tanya" he actually WAS seeing your sister. *wink*

xoxox

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Zeenat said...

I can't believe that you actually got to Grad school without re-sockling! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home