Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Turn that frown...



In an effort to offset my unusually morose post of late, and to celebrate the fact that there are just as many reasons to be thankful to be alive as there are to want to jump off the top of Jonas Clark Hall, I present the following list of

Unlikely things that have made me smile this week:

1. Beef sandwiches: I called my parents as they were tooling around Chicago this evening. Without even asking, I knew precisely what they were doing at 9:27pm on a Wednesday night--scoping out the Vienna beef Chicago-style sandwich situation, naturally. Gotta love my endearingly nutty (if slightly sacreligious) folks.

2. Dental floss: Once my blood-inducing arch nemesis, I've found a friend in floss this week. Yes, mint-flavored Crest Glide Comfort Plus, I'm talkin' to you. Consider your gum bullying days history! I've flossed at least once a day since last weekend and the gums already look healthier.

3. Republicans: The Irish type. I have a huge crush on a very cute guy from Ulster. He's adorable and I think the feeling is mutual...yeah, mutual...I think. I can't always understand his thick Irish accent, so I suppose it could be some sort of humiliating misunderstanding.

4. Yam fries: I made some delicious yam fries in the oven Tuesday. They were delicious. Oh, I've mentioned that already. I just keep thinking about how delicious they were.

5. Organized Religion: This week I officially became Reverend TKP of the Universal Life Church online! I am still reading over some documents and waiting for my certificate and collar to come in the mail, but I am technically authorized to absolve you of any sin you may have.

3 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come back to the dark side, dental floss is the enemy! I have yet to "officially" go to the dentist, and when I say "officially", I mean I haven't even looked one up. Luckly, I have strong tooth enamel, or so I think. Good luck with your new crush, he must be layin' on his lucky charm...

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Okay, so you should try the crest floss that has paste on it. It's so great!

And I want you to be the holy person when Masud and I do our recommittment ceremony. :-)

My dad says "Welcome to the fold."

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Okay, so you should try the crest floss that has paste on it. It's so great!

And I want you to be the holy person when Masud and I do our recommittment ceremony. :-)

My dad says "Welcome to the fold."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home