the ledger
Ups and downs galore this week...
UP: I got my paper accepted at the Greater Boston Anthropology Consortium and will be presenting in early March among graduate student colleagues from area Mass Universities!
DOWN: That's a MONTH from now. Gulp.
UP: Turned in draft #2 of the MA paper!!! I have to 'defend' it first week of March or so.
DOWN: The "main argument" part of it was pretty much bullet points. I have a lot of work to do and must bust my tail during this month.
UP: I am going to Wisconsin for spring break to visit my friends Christie and Katie, both UW-Madison students. I've been meaning to for a while now and the tickets from Boston are quite reasonable during the break.
DOWN: I guess there was indeed a "humiliating misunderstanding" between me and Mr. Emerald Isle (cross-reference post from 18-Jan). Perhaps he wanted just a bite of my sandwich, or to borrow my "Marx for Beginners" book? I should have hired an interpreter. I'm gonna need some serious therapy.
UP: My reputation as a rocker is getting out all over campus! People are asking me to do "gigs" at parties and bars and stuff. What? I know like 4 songs, and 1/2 of them are 3-chord Bobby Dylan songs.
DOWN: I have to bust out the long underwear again. Wow, it's cold.
UP: We're holding a student coffee house this week so we can play instruments, sing, show artwork and photos in a relaxed environment with munchies. I am collaborating with my friend Jodi on some Johnny Cash and Sweet Honey in the Rock and could not be more excited.


3 Comments:
awww, sweetie. i was missing you a lot and thought i would check out your blog during my climate change class when i stumbled on this post.
i am SO sorry... give me a buzz when you get a chance ...when you find some time between student coffee jamming (what is that btw, what venue do you use?) and MP/conference prep.
Love you,
Monisha
ps - Congratulations on getting your paper accepted at such a cool consortium!
Congrats Tan for getting your paper to the Boston Anthro Consort.
Post a Comment
<< Home