Sunday, January 21, 2007

productivity block

Have you ever had one of those weekends where you have been gifted hours, days of free time but you simply cannot find it within yourself to do anything productive? That's been the tune of the past few days for me.

I think I was actually counterproductive yesterday. I sat in the library staring blankly at my laptop screen FOR NEARLY THREE HOURS. Then I opted out of joining my friends at the bar for live music ostensibly to "stay in and work," but ended up surfing the web and strumming melancholy minor chords on my guitar until 1:00am. What is wrong with me?! This is infuriating, especially since I have a tidal wave of deadlines cropping up this week. MA Paper draft. Readings. A speaker that I have arranged to come to Clark on Wed (Dr. Smarajit Jana, awesome public health scientist and Chief Advisor to Durbar--has done lots of work on HIV/AIDS throughout Asia).

Sigh. I quote from my friend Peggy, who at this juncture might remark "I need a shot of motivation---STAT!"

later procrastinators

TKP

p.s.---Did you see my Mom's new blog? check it out in my blog roll. she's leaving for India Monday and you can follow all her subcontinental escapades online...

1 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Sweetie:

I just laughed myself to tears after reading your comment on Mom's recent weblog post. I then had another surge of laughter thinking about how nitrous oxide, an anxiolytic commonly administered in dental offices, causes two main side effects: the giggles and flatulence. The possibilities are endless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home