Thursday, February 08, 2007

the ovals! make the ovals go away!

This morning I woke up at 5:00am to take the 6:00am train to take a Federal Government standardized test in Boston. I am vying for a position working as a cog in the vast machinery of the State. I got roughly 3.4 hours of sleep last night then had to book it back to Worcester for my three hour Land Use seminar right after the test. I keep hallucinating little ovals darkened with #2 pencil each time I blink.

Oh....and those tests TOTALLY discriminate against LEFT-HANDERS, by the way. I pretty much had to contort myself into "downward facing dog" yoga stance to be able to fill in those ovals in pencil and simultaneously avoid the notorious southpaw smudge (you lefties feel me, right?). "Any stray marks on your paper," read the monotonous test administrator in a shrill 8:00am voice "could disqualify your answer." I should have used my foot.

Thanks, USFG. You put the DIE in STANDARDIZED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home