Monday, August 08, 2005

The Men in My Life

It's a sad day. Two of the men in my life are gone.

1. My boyfriend of 3.5 years, John. We parted ways a couple months ago and its been tough. We're both heading (quite literally--Boston vs. Beijing) in different directions, but ces la vie. You know what that means...I am officially back on the prowl, so look out!!!

2. My news anchor of 20 years, Peter Jennings. My family and I were shocked to hear the news that the beloved ABC journalist and anchor died yesterday of lung cancer. My Dad was in tears when he broke the news of his diagnosis to me over the phone while I was abroad. Peter never read another evening's news after the announcement, despite speculations that he would return to the desk. I have never regularly watched any other news program in my life, so I feel like a family member has died. Every night at 6:30, we gather in the living room for World News Tonight with Peter Jennings. Its simply not the same without him, and he will be greatly missed. He won countless awards and the hearts of millions of viewers...especially this one.

2 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Peter was a glimmer of hope in the age of snesationalized, neo-con and trashy "FOX TV" era! My personal favorite, you are right, ABC News will not be the same without him.

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tanya-
Forgot to tell you, Viggo called and sent his condolensces about Peter. He said he will be there whenever you need a broad, muscular shoulder to cry on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home