Post from last night
Here's a little something I wrote last night...
Its Tuesday night, and I should either be finalizing my packing or getting some sleep, but instead I've just rolled into the house at midnight. I was in East Lansing (go Spartans!) most of the day "giving back" to the McNair/SROP program and evaluating research presentations from this year's batch o' scholars. Today's presentations were all sciency and stuff, so I furrowed my brow, shook by head in agreement, and pretended to know what people meant by "protein receptor" and "Chi-squared test." It was nice to be back on campus although it made me yearn for the simpler days of being a keg-tappin' undergrad.
I also ran across a virtual mine field of blasts from the past while on campus. The Spartan Debate Institute was going on in the building next door and I got a chance to see two of my old school East Lansing/MSU debate homies (one of whom is an ex-boyfriend)--Will and Blair. It was awesome to see them and catch up, even though Will's version of "catching up" is re-enacting various scenes from ANCHORMAN. "It's made from real bits of panther, so its got to be good."
I motored back to GR to check out the new Cascade building (the company I worked for next year). Its a beautiful, eco-friendly space. I actually felt kind of envious that I'd never had the chance to work there. Afterwards I had dinner and drinks with my office space pals Mindy, her sis Reina, Sarah, and Tad. Tad's pen couldn't join us this evening. It was so great to be around my friends today, old and new. I think I get a natural high off of these extraordinarily clever and witty people.
I'm off to bed. Have another morning of presentation-evaluating, then its home to REALLY finish packing. I can't believe I'm going to be in MA this weekend. Tempis fugit.
sleep tight.
TKP


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home