Saturday, October 15, 2005

Boo

I can't believe that my most cherished holiday is a mere two weeks away and I DON'T have a costume idea. I should be more stressed out about the first draft of my final development theory paper due Thursday, but nothing gives me anxiety like the thought of approaching Hallow's eve with not even a glimmer of an idea. Our apartment is considering throwing a joint party with the students in the apartment next door, and we haven't even had a group meeting yet! We had discussed doing a "Clue" theme...you know...Colonel Mustard in the dining room with the candlestick and all that.

My sister and I have been having frantic phone conversations over the past couple of weeks on this issue. We differ on our conceptual approaches to costumes (she prefers inanimate objects while I am more of the "be a real political/historical figure" school of thought), but we always collaborate and approve each others' ideas. Hey, this is serious stuff in Palit-world. My Dad was pretty upset when he heard I didn't have a costume dreamed up yet.

Ideas so far: Foxy Brown, Tina Turner, Medusa, "Relativity" (i.e. a costume representing the equation E=MC2...clearly Sonya's idea), Indiana Jones, Scooby Doo and Shaggy (my idea for Sonya and Josh), Sherlock Holmes, A Picnic, A Sexy Carrot, and Venus/Serena Williams.

I recognize and embrace the fact that we are huge nerds.

By the way, Happy Ramadan everyone! Remember to fast from sun up to sun down now...

I'm out like a Jack-o-lantern in windy New England,

TKP

1 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

TAAAAAnya!

You really should have obtained my written consent before divulging all of my/our current costume ideas on the world wide web. Those are works in progress, you know!

Boo!

xoxox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home